It’s all abut that Pizza!
My friend is a whizz in the kitchen and she gave me this delicious but simple do-it-yourself-at-home recipe that’s a keeper! I haven’t tried it yet, but I decided to share it with the world because I’m that nice.
without further a due here’s the recipe…
- 2 ¼ teaspoons yeast
- 1 ⅓ cups warm water
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
*makes two plates of pizza
- In a small bowl mix the warm water and yeast. Leave for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt).
- Add oil and the warm water+yeast mixture.
- Knead until dough. It should be quite soft.
- Put dough in another bowl and leave to rise for until it doubles in size (30-60 minutes).
- Roll out the dough into your desired pan. Using a fork poke holes all around your pizza.
- Add your pizza toppings and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180⁰C*
*Alternatively you can roll out the dough before putting your pizza toppings bake it for about 5 minutes then add your toppings and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is well melted.
FOR PIZZA TOPPINGS:
- 250 g of cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- Filling of your choice
- 2 batches of coriander or 1 green pepper
- 3 Tomatoes
(The pizza toppings are pretty much freestyle. As long as you have your sauce at the base and cheese at the top you can experiment with everything else.)
- Once your pizza dough is on your desired baking tin and you’ve forked it. Spread a generous amount of ketchup on the base (you can also use the canned pureed tomatoes or make a sauce of your own.)
- Then add the filling of your choice (beef, pork, chicken, sausages, cold cuts or whatever kind of pizza you want.)
- Next sprinkle the coriander or green pepper (or both) and the tomatoes.
- The cheese comes last. Put as much or as little as you desire.
- Your pizza is now ready for baking. Put in the oven to bake for 15 minutes. You can add an extra five minutes if you want your cheese a little crispy.
Shout out to Ciru Muriuki for this awesome recipe!
And there you have it! If you make it, post up pictures showing how yours came out and look like a professional chef.
Bona Peti’t! :*